Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Portland Bureau of Transportation

Phone: 503-823-5185

Fax: 503-823-7576

1120 SW Fifth Ave, Suite 800, Portland, OR 97204

More Contact Info


Event Permitting

Street fairs, block parties, marathons, parades and so much more. Find out how you can hold an event in the streets of Portland.

Voluntary Sidewalk Repair – Minor Improvement Permit (MIP)

A Minor Improvement Permit is required before making voluntary repairs to sidewalks, driveways and curbs. (However, if you have received a notice from the City requiring a repair, please use the below link for the Sidewalk Maintenance Program.)

Encroachment Permits

An encroachment is a privately owned structure or infrastructure that is placed within the public right-of-way.

Permitting How-To Videos

Videos on how to apply for PBOT permits.