1120 SW Fifth Ave, Suite 800, Portland, OR 97204
The PORTLAND IN THE STREETS PROGRAM is responsible for activating public spaces for Portland communities through multiple programs:
- Community Events;
- Block Parties
- Sidewalk Cafés;
- Vending Carts;
- Publication Boxes; and
- Cross Street Banners.
These programs aim to empower communities across Portland to create and activate spaces that are unique to their neighborhoods.
Programming is accessible for Portland communities of all shapes, sizes, and incomes.
Activating spaces in the public right-of-way that are driven by grassroots efforts will allow Portland residents to:
- Develop space for community gathering;
- Promote healthy and active lifestyles;
- Build community identity;
- Re-imagines the potential for city streets;
- Activate underutilized spaces;
- Celebrate and interact with neighbors; and
- Generates local business activity.
Streets are public spaces to be enjoyed by everyone.
Are you interested in organizing a street fair, block party, community barbecue, marathon, parade or other event in Portland's streets?
This is where you will find all the information needed to plan and get a permit for your local event.