Block parties are small-scale events that close one to four blocks of a local service residential street for small scale gatherings, such as a neighborhood potlucks or BBQ's and intersection repair projects.
- Block parties are initiated by and are intended for only local residents who live on the street being closed.
- Block party permits are not issued for private parties, they are intended to help foster community within the residents on a particular block.
- Block party permits are not issued for streets that have a bus line, bus layover or signalized intersection, or for events with attendance that draws from beyond the residents on the street. Please see the four page application link and instruction link below to apply for a block party permit.
- The street closure permit is issued to restrict motor vehicle access only. A pedestrian route must remain at all times for pedestrians that wish to travel through the closed street area.
- Church and other organizational events do no qualify for block party permits, PLEASE fill out a community event permit.
Questions? Please call 503-823-4003 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note, we do not accept applications by email at this time. For submission options please see the bottom of the application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Information on block party fees
Feedback and appeals information