1120 SW Fifth Ave, Suite 800, Portland, OR 97204
1. Save a copy of the block party application to your computer, or print it out. If you save it to your computer you can fill in the information on the PDF file. If you do not know how to fill a PDF form, you may print the application out and complete it by hand.
2. Fill out the information required on page 1. This page asks you for your contact information and information regarding your event.
3. This page is a template for the required announcement flyer. you may fill out the template provided or create your own. You must deliver the flyer to all of your neighbors, effectively inviting them as well as informing them of your event.
YOU MUST ATTACH A COPY OF YOUR COMPLETED FLYER TO YOUR APPLICATION.
4. Complete the information on page 4. Page 4 is a traffic control diagram of a standard block. You must fill in the name of your street, as well as the cross streets on either end of the block. If your block party is not on a standard block, you must create your own diagram that reflects the same information as the diagram we provide. If you are applying for a closure for a street painting, your traffic control plan must reflect your intent to close all blocks that would be affected, which is usually up to 4 for an intersection painting.
5. Turn in the completed application, copy of the flier, and traffic control plan to Block Party Staff
1. Before you begin filling out your application, you need to complete the following documents, which you will attach as files on the application page.
2. If you do not already have a portlandonline account, you must make one to use our online application. On this page, scroll to the top and click "sign in" on the top right corner of the page. You will be prompted to sign in, or create a new account. If you already have an account, sign into your account so that you can access the application.
3. Click this link for the online application.
4. Fill in the required fields, which will ask for your contact information and information about your closure. Be sure to read the guidelines present at the top of the page to ensure you understand our policies.
5. Attach the documents requested by the application.
6. Submit your application, and be sure to check your email for notification that it has been received.
Once the application has been approved by PBOT, the permit will be emailed to you the week prior to your event. Please make sure to print the email address and mailing address clearly on the application to avoid delay.
The permittee is responsible for providing the barricades to close the street. Arrange to have three Type I barricades with "Street Closed" signs (equipped with flashing yellow lights if the street will be closed after dusk) to be placed at each end of the street OR any other specific devices required on the approved traffic control plan. You may find companies that rent barricades by searching for “Barricades” or “Traffic Flaggers” on the internet. As the permit holder, you are responsible for providing and placing barricades, and for their removal by the stated end time of the permit. Here are a list of rental companies we are aware of (please let us know if you find others to add to the list):
For this permit, we do not require you to submit proof of insurance; however, you may want to insure the event through one of the options listed below:
If you have any questions, contact PBOT (503-823-4003) or email@example.com. We will assist you in determining if your event qualifies for a block party permit, or if a different type of permit is required.