Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Portland Bureau of Transportation

Phone: 503-823-5185

Fax: 503-823-7576

1120 SW Fifth Ave, Suite 1331, Portland, OR 97204

More Contact Info

Subscribe to RSS feed

Most Recent

View Less

How to Apply for Your Block Party Permit

2018 Block Party Wordle


The Block Party permit is free! We've made it easy to apply for your permit.

You options are the Paper Application or via the Online Application

Before you apply, be sure to gather the following materials:

  1. Notification Flyer (it's okay to distribute your flyer before you apply)
  2. A filled-out Traffic Control Plan

Now, choose your application method below!


The Paper Application

Save a copy of the block party application to your computer, or print it out. If you save it to your computer you can fill in the information on the PDF file. If you do not know how to fill a PDF form, you may print the application out and complete it by hand.  You must notify your neighbors and all affected by the street closure of your block party.  You must deliver a notification flyer to your neighbors on your street. The flyer also serves as a invitation to your block party..


Online Application

Apply online here. It's easy to create a "Portland Online" account if you don't have one (go here).
You will prompted to upload the Notification Flyer and the Traffic Control Plan.

Once the application has been approved by PBOT, the permit will be emailed to you the week prior to your event. Please make sure to print the email address and mailing address clearly on the application to avoid delay.
If you have any questions, contact PBOT (503-823-4003) or We will assist you in determining if your event qualifies for a block party permit, or if a different type of permit is required.

Barricades 101

How and where to get your block party barricades in Portland.