1120 SW Fifth Ave, Suite 800, Portland, OR 97204
1. Save a copy of the block party application to your computer, or print it out. If you save it to your computer you can fill in the information on the PDF file. If you do not know how to fill a PDF form, you may print the application out and complete it by hand.
2. Fill out the information required on page 1. This page asks you for your contact information and information regarding your event.
3. Fill out the payment information on page 2.
4. Fill out the information on page 3, this page is a template for a flyer; you may also create your own. You must deliver the flyer to all of your neighbors, effectively inviting them as well as informing them of your event. YOU MUST ATTACH A COPY OF YOUR COMPLETED FLYER TO YOUR APPLICATION.
5. Complete the information on page 4. Page 4 is a traffic control diagram of a standard block. You must fill in the name of your street, as well as the cross streets on either end of the block. If your block party is not on a standard block, you must create your own diagram that reflects the same information as the diagram we provide. If you are applying for a closure for an Intersection Repair Project, traffic control plans must reflect the fact that you will be closing four blocks around your intersection.
6. Turn in the completed application, petition and traffic control plan with payment to the Parks Customer Service Center, attention Block Parties, by postal mail, fax or by delivering it in person (addresses are on the application). The applicant will be called if any follow-up is needed. Submit the application at least two weeks prior to the block party date.
ONLINE APPLICATION SUBMITTAL PROCESS
1. Before you begin filling out your application, you need to complete the following documents, which you will attach as files on the application page.
Notification Flyer Template (You may also create and attach your own design)
Once you have completed the aforementioned documents, save them to your desktop.
2. If you do not already have a PDXonline account, you must make one to use our online application. On this page, scroll to the top and click "sign in" on the top right corner of the page. You will be prompted to sign in, or create a new account. If you already have an account, sign into your account so that you can access the application.
3. go to www.pbotblockparty.com and click the link for the online application.
4. Fill in the required fields, which will ask for your contact information, information about your closure. Be sure to read the guidelines present at the top of the page to ensure you understand our policies.
5. Attach the documents requested by the application.
6. Submit your application, and be sure to check your email for notification that it has been received. This email will also provide a link for payment. You must pay for your permit in order for it to be processed. Contact us if you do not receive the email that directs you to the payment portal.
Once the application has been approved by PBOT, the permit will be emailed to the applicant/permittee. Print the email address and mailing address clearly on the application
The permittee is responsible for providing the barricades to close the street. Arrange to have three Type I barricades with "Street Closed" signs (equipped with flashing yellow lights if the street will be closed after dusk) to be placed at each end of the street OR any other specific devices required on the approved traffic control plan. You may find companies that rent barricades by searching for “Barricades” or “Traffic Flaggers” on the internet. As the permit holder, you are responsible for providing and placing barricades, and for their removal by the stated end time of the permit. Here are a list of rental companies we are aware of (please let us know if you find others to add to the list):
For this permit, we do not require you to submit proof of insurance; however, you may want to insure the event through one of the options listed below:
If you have any questions, contact PBOT (503-823-4003). We will assist you in determining if your event qualifies for a block party permit, or if a different type of permit is required.