Northeast Portland Sunday Parkways
See you on Sunday, September 22, 2019!
People like you! Come out and volunteer. Click here to sign up.
Set up on your front porch! Sign up for a block party! Lemonade Stand anyone? Come out and join the party!
Let's explore Northeast Portland
September 22, 2019 ~ 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. (7.6 miles)
All good parties must come to an end, but we intend to have fun up until the end! That’s why we will end the year with an exploration of the Northeast neighborhood greenways on this 8-mile loop. While sweeping by on your wheels or heels, make sure to enjoy the walking/biking boulevard of Ainsworth along with the neighborhood greenways of Going street, Holman street and Alberta Court. It's the final event of the season, you won't want to miss it!
Parks on the Route
- Alberta Park
- Woodlawn Park
- Fernhill Park
- Khunamokwst Park
- Live Music
- Original Practice Shakespeare Festival (Ops Fest)
- Sparkle Movement & DJ Doc Rock
- Several Marketplaces
- Circus Cascadia
- Ainsworth Street will open up so that half is a rolling paradise and the other half a Walking Boulevard - open all day for everyone!
- Next Level Health Walk led by Sam Thompson in partnership with Oregon Walks will lead a series of walking programming across the day focused on African American health, wellness and community.
- Andando en Bicicletas y Caminando (ABC) will hold its annual Bi-lingual Bike Fair at Khunamokwst Park.
A big thank you to our presenting sponsor Kaiser Permanente as well as supporting sponsors: Portland Parks & Recreation, Parking Kitty, Portland Bureau of Environmental Services, Metro, CLIF Bar, Travel Portland, AAA, AARP, NW Natural, iQ Credit Union and more!