About Portland in the Streets
The PORTLAND IN THE STREETS PROGRAM goals are to:
- Reduce barriers for community-led placemaking projects;
- Ensure citywide access to programs and equitable geographic distribution of placemaking projects;
- Encourage placemaking projects that reflect community needs and character; and
- Encourage experimentation and innovation.
Each Portland in the Streets program area follows one or more of the following criteria:
- Develop space for community gathering;
- Promote healthy and active lifestyles;
- Build community identity;
- Re-imagines the potential for city streets;
- Activate underutilized spaces;
- Celebrate and interact with neighbors; and
- Generates local business activity.
A list of external grant resources for your Portland in the Streets project.