NE 60th and Halsey Area Improvement Project
The current intersection at NE 60th and Halsey. Image courtesy of Google.
What’s happening now?
Following public feedback received on the project at multiple events between April and September 2019, PBOT has prepared a report summarizing feedback and changes to the design. Please review the summary report in conjunction with the proposed design. We made three major changes to the originally proposed design:
- NE Halsey Street between 47th and 57th avenues will be modified to remove parking on both sides of the street to provide three 12-foot-wide lanes: one travel lane in each direction and one center turn lane.
- NE 57th Avenue south of NE Halsey Street will not be converted to a one-way street; it will remain a two-way street. During peak morning and evening commute times, the traffic signal will allow northbound traffic to enter NE Halsey Street with every other cycle.
- The 60s Bikeway alignment north of NE Hancock Street will now continue north on NE 61st Avenue instead of jogging west to NE 60th Avenue.
If you'd like to receive future emails about the project, please add your email to the list using the box below
This project will include the following elements:
- Improve the flow of traffic on NE Halsey Street between NE 57th and 60th Avenues with new traffic signals and dedicated turn lanes.
- Make the intersection of NE Halsey Street and NE 47th Avenue safer with a new traffic signal and dedicated turn lanes.
- Widen the sidewalk on NE 60th Avenue between NE Halsey Street and the NE 60th Avenue MAX Station.
- Construct bike improvements as part of the 60s Bikeway from SE Davis Street to NE Sacramento Street.
Construction Year: Fall 2020
Current Project Phase: Design is in progress
Total Project Budget: $9.5 million
Project Manager: Nicole Peirce, Nicole.email@example.com; (503) 823-6186
NE 60th and Halsey project map