What’s happening now?
Construction has begun! A Notice to Proceed was issued by the City Engineer on 9/13/19 with substantial completion anticipated in November 2020. Please click here, to read this project's news release.
Final Plans of NE 47th Ave Phase I LID Part 1
Final Plans of NE 47th Avenue Phase I LID Part 2
Project Background and Description:
This project will:
- Fully reconstruct the existing failing asphalt street with new concrete pavement
- Add multiuse paths with bike dedicated lanes on both sides of the street
- Extend the stormwater sewer
- Extend the sanitary sewer
- Replace the existing century-old cast iron water main with a new ductile iron water main
- Add street lighting
Streets segments benefited by this project will be:
- NE 47th Avenue from north of NE Columbia Blvd. to NE Buffalo Street
- NE 47th Avenue from NE Buffalo Street to NE Crystal Lane
- NE 47th Avenue from NE Crystal Lane to south of NE Cornfoot Road
- A new temporary traffic signal has been installed at the intersection of NE Alderwood Road & Columbia Blvd. to accommodate construction detours and was activated on October 13, 2016
Construction Date: As of June 15, 2019 the contractor's construction schedule anticipates substantial completion for the project on November 13, 2020.
Current Project Phase: Construction.
Total Project Budget:
- Portland Bureau of Transportation System Development Charge (SDC) revenue
- Local Improvement District funding contributed by Portland Parks and Recreation, Bureau of Environmental Services (BES), and abutting property owners
- Portland Water Bureau
The total project budget is $7.6 million
Project Manager and Local Improvement District Administrator: Andrew Aebi
Phone number: 503-823-5648
Last Updated: [July 20, 2020]