WHEN TOWED FROM PRIVATE PROPERTY
If your vehicle has been towed from a private parking facility, you are entitled to the following:
- Assistance in obtaining transportation to pick up your vehicle, such as a telephone call to a taxi service or information about bus service.
- To receive information about the applicable rates when calling for release information.
- To wait no more than 30 minutes at the storage yard, after the agreed appointment time, for an attendant to arrive to release your vehicle outside of regular business hours which are 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, excluding official City holidays.
- To receive a rate sheet detailing all applicable fees and a clear, itemized receipt for all charges.
- To pay for the tow by cash or a valid credit or debit card bearing the VISA logo and issued in the name of the vehicle owner or owner’s agent.
- To receive correct change for your cash payment, not later than the end of the following business day.
- Assistance in retrieving ownership documents from the towed vehicle.
- Release of your vehicle at no cost, if the hookup is not complete, the driver in the truck and the truck rolling forward when you return to your vehicle.
- Release of an animal left in the vehicle, or contents of an emergency nature, as specified in ORS 98.858, with proof of ownership or authorization by the registered owner. An after hours or gate fee may be applied for such requests outside of regular business hours.
- Information about how and where to file a complaint with the City of Portland.
Questions or complaints should be directed to:
City of Portland
Portland Bureau of Transportation
Phone: (503) 865-2489
1120 SW 5th Ave, Suite 1410
Portland OR 97204
FAX: (503) 865-3022