Downtown Traffic Impacts
Last Update: April 4th, 2017
This page is no longer being updated with lane and street closures in the downtown area. For information about upcoming large-scale projects with traffic impacts, please visit the Get Portland Moving webpage and electronic map.
Downtown Construction Projects
The following projects are permitted long term use of the street and sidewalk to facilitate construction on private property.
- NW Irving, 6th, Hoyt: New construction on east half of block. Sidewalk and parking closures, intermittent street closures on NW Hoyt. Project contact is JE Dunn Construction, projected completion December 2018.
- NW 4th, Burnside, 5th: Remodel and new hotel construction on 1/2 block site. Sidewalks and parking removed, intermittent lane closures on NW 4th for concrete and crane work. Projected completion May 2017. Howard S Wright Constructors, Jamey Shaw at 503-220-0895.
- SW 4th & Stark: interior building demolition. Project closes sidewalks on east side of SW 4th between Stark - Washington and south side of SW Stark between 3rd - 4th, as well as the turn lane on SW Stark.
- SW 6th, Harrison, Broadway, Montgomery: PSU building remodel and addition, sidewalks and parking fenced. Intermittent street closures on SW Montgomery. Project contact is Skanska USA Building at 503-382-0900..
- NW 11th & Hoyt: 1/4 block project, demo and new construction. Projected completion October 2017. Howard S Wright, Todd Smith, 503-220-0895.
- SW 14th, 15th, Yamhill and Taylor St: Interior remodel. Project closes sidewalks and park on the East side of 15th between Taylor-Yamhill and south side of Yamhill 14th-15th. Intermittent lane closures. Projected project completion July 2016. contact Eric Newby 503.459.4477.
- NW Couch, 9th, Davis: 1/2 block demo and new construction. Sidewalks and parking closed, intermittent lane closures for concrete pours and utility connections. Projected completion July 2017. Walsh Construction, Nick Leeding at 503-222-4375.
- NW Davis, 1st, Couch, Naito: Demo of existing parking lot and new construction on 3/4 of the block. Sidewalks closed around site perimeter and Intermittent lane closures. Contact is Tom Hammons at Andersen Construction, 503-283-6712.
- SW Jefferson, 2nd, Columbia: New construction on a half-block site. Sidewalk and parking removal adjacent to site, intermittent lane closures on SW Jefferson and SW 2nd during utility work and concrete pours. .
- NW 13th, 14th Quimby, Pettygrove: Closes traffic lanes, bike lanes and sidewalks during construction at 1420 NW 14th
- SW Jefferson, 11th, & 12th: Demo of existing building and new construction of 15-story apartment building. Sidewalk and parking on three sides, lane closures on Jefferson and 12th.
- SW Moody, Abernethy, Bond: Project completion 2016. All Hours. Lanes and sidewalks. Fenced job site.
- SW Taylor, 15th-16th, Sidewalk closure & intermittent lane and street closures, Fenced job site.
- SW 15th and SW Morrison: New construction, sidewalk and parking closed adjacent to site, intermittent lane closure on SW 15th
- SW Curry, River Pkwy, Bond, & Whitaker: New construction, sidewalk, parking, and lanes closed adjacent to site at 3410 & 3485 SW Bond Ave
- NW Flanders, 9th, Everett, Park: New construction on 3/4 block site. Parking and sidewalk closures, intermittent lane and street closures for concrete pours and crane lifts.
- SW Columbia, Broadway, and Clay: New construction of 20-story tower. Parking, sidewalk, and travel lane closures. Projected completion date late summer 2018. Project contact: Howard S Wright Construction, 503-220-0895.
- NW 9th & Glisan: New construction of 11-story hotel. Parking, sidewalk, and intermittent travel lane closures. Projected completion date March 2018. Project contact: Bremik Construction, 503-688-1000.
- SW 12th & Morrison: New construction. 1/4 block. Sidewalk and intermittent travel lane closures on SW 12th, no closures on SW Morrison. Project contact: Turner Construction, 503-226-9825.
- NW 13th, Johnson, 12th, Kearney: New construction, full block. Parking, sidewalk, and intermittent lane closures. Contact is Andersen Construction, 503-841-6473.
- SW Jefferson, Naito, 1st, Madison: New construction of Multnomah County Courthouse. Sidewalk closures, intermittent lane closures. Projected completion October 2019. Hoffman Construction.
- NW 14th, Glisan, 15th: New construction of 16-story building on half-block site. Street closures on NW 15th, sidewalk closure on NW Glisan. Projected completion Januay 2019. Contact is Holland Construction, 503-616-5776.
Multnomah County Bridges - Use link for bridge closures & updates
Click here for Community Event Calendar
Click here for Special Events such as runs, parades & other moving events
The above information from the Portland Bureau of Transportation on expected traffic conditions was prepared based on known construction traffic control plans at the time of writing. The information is subject to change as new information becomes available.