The PBOT Lunch and Learn Series at the TREC Friday Seminar
The PBOT Bike Lunch and Learn is taking a new form in 2019. [Click here to learn more.]
-Note: new venue / new day-
Karl Miller Center at PSU, 615 SW Harrison St, Room 465
Friday, July 26, 2019, 11:30 am to 1 pm
Enhanced Transit Corridors in Portland’s Central City
Presented by Gabe Graff, Portland Bureau of Transportation, and Kelly Betteridge, TriMet
Over the past two years, the Portland Bureau of Transportation and TriMet have joined forces to identify, design and build capital and operational treatments to help buses move more quickly and reliably through Portland’s increasingly congested Central City. Already the densest concentration of people and jobs in Oregon, Portland’s Central City is growing fast and increasing the speed and reliability of transit is key to achieving our City and region’s transportation, climate and livability goals.
Working in partnership on PBOT’s Central City in Motion plan and TriMet and Metro’s Enhanced Transit Corridor program, the two agencies have identified a series of bus lanes in the Central City that will make transit faster and more reliable throughout the region. Project staff will discuss how projects were identified and trade-offs weighed, share the most recent designs, and discuss the benefits to transit riders and the region, with a focus on the approaches to the Hawthorne, Steel and Burnside bridges.
Gabe Graff is the Central City Capital Delivery team manager for the Portland Bureau of Transportation, leading the Central City in Motion effort. He previously managed the Bureau’s safety programs, including High Crash Corridors and Safe Routes to School.
Kelly Betteridge is TriMet's Manager of Capital Planning.
Bring your lunch! And bring a mug for the coffee and conversation!
We are expanding our scope to explore a variety of Active Transportation topics and partnering with the Friday Transportation Seminar hosted by PSU’s Transportation Research and Education Center (TREC).
What’s staying the same?
- Thoughtful and engaging presentations, every other month, highlighting the work of PBOT and our partners around programs, projects and issues for sustainable travel.
- The venue – we will now be in the Karl Miller Center at PSU (615 SW Harrison St, Room 465). Easy to reach by foot, by bike, by Streetcar, bus or MAX!
- The time – presentations will be from 11:30 to 12:30, with additional discussion over coffee and donuts til 1:00 pm (bring your mug!).
- The dates – we’re breaking out of the “Third Thursday” confines. We’ll be moving to Fridays, and we’ll be hosting about every other month.
- More access – join us in person as always, or log-in to watch and participate online. If you miss a session, you can view the video or download the slides from the TREC archive.
We’re excited about the new partnership and look forward to seeing you at the Karl Miller Center - or online!
Sign up here to join the PBOT Lunch and Learn mailing list - only one or two e-mails a month, and we don't share your info.
Become a fan on Facebook of PBOT Lunch and Learn.
The City of Portland ensures meaningful access to city programs, services, and activities to comply with Civil Rights Title VI and ADA Title II laws and reasonably provides: translation, interpretation, modifications, accommodations, alternative formats, auxiliary aids and services. To request these services, contact 503-823-7699, City TTY 503-823-6868, Relay Service: 711.