The PBOT Lunch and Learn Series at the TREC Friday Seminar
The PBOT Bike Lunch and Learn is taking a new form in 2019. [Click here to learn more.]
Karl Miller Center at PSU, 615 SW Harrison St, Room 465
Friday, September 27, 2019, 11:30 am to 1 pm
Our Young People and the Gateway to Opportunity
Presented by Jonnie Ling, Community Cycling Center
Portland was one of 10 cities chosen to participate in the Big Jump Project of People for Bikes, with efforts focused in the Gateway District. In addition to several bikeway projects, PBOT arranged for an education component.
The Community Cycling Center has been working with youth through the "Big Jump: Gateway to Opportunity" project. We'll be discussing our exploratory educational model and the ways the project can increase accessibility and opportunity for the youth living and learning in the Gateway neighborhoods.
About the Presenter: Jonnie Ling is the Director of Programs and Enterprise at the Community Cycling Center. He as been with the organization for 11 years. He has worked in bicycle education since 2003 and is committed to working with the community to create a more equitable and multicultural approach to bicycle education.
Bring your lunch! And bring a mug for the coffee and conversation!
We are expanding our scope to explore a variety of Active Transportation topics and partnering with the Friday Transportation Seminar hosted by PSU’s Transportation Research and Education Center (TREC).
What’s staying the same?
- Thoughtful and engaging presentations, every other month, highlighting the work of PBOT and our partners around programs, projects and issues for sustainable travel.
- The venue – we will now be in the Karl Miller Center at PSU (615 SW Harrison St, Room 465). Easy to reach by foot, by bike, by Streetcar, bus or MAX!
- The time – presentations will be from 11:30 to 12:30, with additional discussion over coffee and donuts til 1:00 pm (bring your mug!).
- The dates – we’re breaking out of the “Third Thursday” confines. We’ll be moving to Fridays, and we’ll be hosting about every other month.
- More access – join us in person as always, or log-in to watch and participate online. If you miss a session, you can view the video or download the slides from the TREC archive.
We’re excited about the new partnership and look forward to seeing you at the Karl Miller Center - or online!
Sign up here to join the PBOT Lunch and Learn mailing list - only one or two e-mails a month, and we don't share your info.
Become a fan on Facebook of PBOT Lunch and Learn.
The City of Portland ensures meaningful access to city programs, services, and activities to comply with Civil Rights Title VI and ADA Title II laws and reasonably provides: translation, interpretation, modifications, accommodations, alternative formats, auxiliary aids and services. To request these services, contact 503-823-7699, City TTY 503-823-6868, Relay Service: 711.