PBOT Temporary Street Use Permitting issues permits for temporary use of the public right of way, including parking, sidewalk, lane and street closures. Permits are issued as per Title 16, 17 and 24 of Portland City Code.
- Beginning April 1st 2017, Northwest Temporary Parking Permits will be impacted by a pilot project. Visit our Upper Northwest Parking Pilot Memo for more information.
- The Rose Festival Moratorium will be in effect June 1st to 12th 2017, and may impact your permitting requests. Deadline for Exemption Requests is May 15th 2017. Visit our Moratorium Website for more information.
To reserve on-street parking to facilitate a residential or commercial move.
Temporary Street Use Permit
To reserve parking, sidewalk, lane, or street for construction, utility work, events, etc.
** We have a 7-10 business day turn around (depending on complexity) for all permit requests**
**Permit requests are not guaranteed approval**
Permit Application Process:
- Submit Application (and necessary supporting documents) via email, fax, or hand delivery:
Email: email@example.com; Fax: 503-865-3442; Permit Center Hours and Location are below. *Do not send applications by postal service.*
- Once we receive your completed application, we will respond with a fee quote and the projected date the permit will be ready for pick up from our office. For pricing information, explore our current fee schedule.
- Permits are submitted for review to the necessary parties (i.e. Parking Control, Traffic Engineering, etc). If the permit is not approved by the review team, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives to meet your needs while adhering to City Code.
- Pending approval, come to our office to pick up and pay for your permit on your scheduled pick up date. All Permits must be picked up and paid for at our office during business hours. We accept payment via cash, check, and all credit cards. We cannot accept payment online or over the phone.
Once prepared, permits are available at:
The Permit Center Transportation Counter
1900 SW 4th Ave. 1st Floor, Portland, OR 97201
Phone: 503.823.7365 Fax: 503.865.3442 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open: Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Thurs 8:00 a.m. to Noon