PBOT Temporary Street Use Permitting issues permits for temporary use of the public right of way, including parking, sidewalk, lane and street closures. Permits are issued as per Title 16, 17 and 24 of Portland City Code.
- The deadline to apply for an exemption to the Holiday Moratorium is November 1st, 2017. Click here for more info.
- To request RENEWALS, please use the following form: Temporary Street Use Permit Renewal
- PBOT will begin a new ROW enforcement program in January 2018. Click here for more info.
- Street use permits will have an additional square footage fee assessed beginning Fall 2017. Click here for more info.
To reserve on-street parking to facilitate a residential or commercial move.
Temporary Street Use Permit
To reserve parking, sidewalk, lane, or street for construction, utility work, events, etc.
Permit Application Process:
- Submit Application (and necessary supporting documents) via email or hand delivery
Email: email@example.com. Permit Center Hours and Location below. *Do not send applications by postal service.*
- Once we receive your completed application, we will respond with a fee quote and the projected date the permit will be ready for pick up from our office. For pricing information, explore our current fee schedule.
- Permits are submitted for review to the necessary parties (i.e. Parking Control, Traffic Engineering, etc). If the permit is not approved by the review team, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives to meet your needs while adhering to City Code.
- Pending approval, come to our office to pick up and pay for your permit on your scheduled pick up date. All Permits must be picked up and paid for at our office during business hours. We accept payment via cash, check, and all credit cards. We cannot accept payment online or over the phone.
Permit Renewal Process:
- Submit a renewal request using our online form. Please include your existing permit numbers and the new dates you'd like. As with all permit requests, please allow at least 15 business days for processing.
Once prepared, permits are available at:
The Permit Center Transportation Counter
1900 SW 4th Ave. 1st Floor, Portland, OR 97201
Phone: 503.823.7365 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open: Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Thurs 8:00 a.m. to Noon