PBOT Temporary Street Use Permitting issues permits for temporary use of the public right of way, including parking, sidewalk, lane and street closures. Permits are issued as per Title 16, 17 and 24 of Portland City Code.
Due to an extremely high volume of permit requests, our processing times may be extended. Thank you for your patience.
- The Permit Center will be closed Tuesday July 4th for Independence Day.
- Our fees will be changing July 1, 2017. Please read our Fee Memo for more information.
- Our phone system at 503-823-7365 recently changed. To leave a message, press #7. We listen to and return voicemail messages frequently. We promise! ;)
To reserve on-street parking to facilitate a residential or commercial move.
Temporary Street Use Permit
To reserve parking, sidewalk, lane, or street for construction, utility work, events, etc.
** We have a 7-10 business day turn around (depending on complexity) for all permit requests**
**Permit requests are not guaranteed approval**
Permit Application Process:
- Submit Application (and necessary supporting documents) via email or hand delivery
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Permit Center Hours and Location below. *Do not send applications by postal service.*
- Once we receive your completed application, we will respond with a fee quote and the projected date the permit will be ready for pick up from our office. For pricing information, explore our current fee schedule. Fees will change July 1, 2017 to the following fee schedule.
- Permits are submitted for review to the necessary parties (i.e. Parking Control, Traffic Engineering, etc). If the permit is not approved by the review team, you will be contacted to discuss alternatives to meet your needs while adhering to City Code.
- Pending approval, come to our office to pick up and pay for your permit on your scheduled pick up date. All Permits must be picked up and paid for at our office during business hours. We accept payment via cash, check, and all credit cards. We cannot accept payment online or over the phone.
Once prepared, permits are available at:
The Permit Center Transportation Counter
1900 SW 4th Ave. 1st Floor, Portland, OR 97201
Phone: 503.823.7365 Email: email@example.com
Open: Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Thurs 8:00 a.m. to Noon