PBOT Signals and Street Lighting Division manages and processes permits for the installation of banners on City owned street light poles. Nonprofit organizations may apply for a banner permit to promote events or occasions that have a direct and large civic benefit under certain conditions and specifications. We also process permanent banner permits for place making a City neighborhood, business district, or nonprofit location. Banners can only be installed with a permit.
Street Light Banners
1120 SW 5th Ave, Suite 800
Portland, OR, 97204
- Events must be available to all people (spectators and participants).
- Events must benefit locally-based nonprofit organizations.
- Banner art must be appropriate for display.
- Corporate endorsements are permitted if they are not dominant in the composition of the banner.
- Events/ Banners should not be:
> Profit Making
Profit making organizations may hold permits if they are acting as the agent (providing insurance, sponsorship, management) for a nonprofit organization.
How to Apply:
Email email@example.com OR call (503) 823-4461
Fees and Payment:
- $110 permit application fee + $1/ pole.
- Applicant will receive an invoice from the City's accounting department.
- Payments are due within 30 days of date of invoice
City owned twin ornamental street light poles in the Central Business District, Lloyd District, NE/SE Grand and Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
For information call (503) 8234461 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
For utility owned pole permits, contact: