New video series follows eight Portlanders with differing abilities as they explain what walking means to them.Read More…
1120 SW Fifth Ave, Suite 800, Portland, OR 97204
Wow! We had over 500 responses from all you smart commuters out there. One thing is for sure: there are tons of great reasons to keep up that bike/bus/MAX/walk/pool commute this fine winter.
Yet we had to pick just ten for the final list. Of course, the number one reason is always your own. So for whatever reason you keep up that smart commute, we thank you. And for your reading pleasure we give you our...
Top 10 Motivations for Winter-time Smart Commuting
10. There is always the chance I could meet "that" great guy (smiling). - Catherine G
9. On the bus home my kids snuggle up and take a nap resting against me-there's nothing like holding sleeping kids in your arms to make you feel content and peaceful. - Juliette S
8. I look really good in yellow - Robert M
7. Driving in with cool people while saving on commute expenses... There's something really powerful about connecting with good people energy first thing in the morning. Also it's fun cheering on the bike commuters from the car window. :-) - Zey
6. My husband and I have adjusted our work schedules so we can carpool together along with our 2 kids. This allows us to spend a bit more time together as a family, check in with each others day, tell stories and sing silly songs. :o) - Isabella B
5. My motivation for vanpooling? To keep me from going insane having to fight the traffic by myself - Marci C
4. If the coffee didn't wake me up, the walk to the bus will. Plus I love the smells and feels of fall/winter. It feels great to be alive and outside in the weather! - Luanne Z
3. Pure stubbornness! I will not let November in the Pacific Northwest dictate to me whether I will walk! I smart commute out of sheer defiance! - Rick J
2. Setting a good example for my kids (currently a baby and toddler) -- demonstrating that life does not revolve around getting into the car. - Mim
1. A good habit with personal reward is hard to break. - Mike R