Sunday Parkways every day!
Jun 3, 2011 at 1:22 PM 0 Comments
The next best thing to Sunday Parkways are Portland’s Neighborhood Greenways. These are streets where people walking and bicycling are given priority. We like them so much, that our Sunday Parkways routes often follow the Neighborhood Greenways in that part of town.
So how do you know you’re on one of these streets?
- You’ll see speed bumps to help slow traffic to 25 mph or less.
- “Sharrows” show people bicycling where to ride and alert people driving that to expect bicycles on the road.
- Detailed signs guide people to nearby destinations and include mileage.
- Improved crossings help people get across busy streets safely.
- People bicycling have the majority of stop signs flipped, so they don’t have to stop as often.
Interested in learning more? Check out our website www.NeighborhoodGreenway.com to see where you can walk and ride on these great streets, where we are planning new ones, and what fun things (other than Sunday Parkways, of course) are happening on these streets.
Please review our Code of Conduct rules before posting a comment to this site.
Report Abuse (Please include the specific topic and comment for the fastest response/resolution.)