September 1st (tomorrow!) marks the commencement of the Bike Commute Challenge. Employers from Oregon and SW Washington compete for the highest bike commute rate for their division.
You don't have to bike the entire way to work to compete: combining transit and biking on your commute counts as a bike trip for the BCC. See below for transit/bike resources for the metro region.
If you haven't been on your bike in a while, take it to a bike shop and/or do the ABC Quick Check* or check out this video:
- Air - Is tire inflation ok? Not too squishy?
- Brakes - Working well? Stopping you quickly?
- Chain & Cranks - Pedaling smoothly? No squeaking?
- Quick releases (on tires) - Closed and tight?
- Check - Anything loose or rattling on the bike? A quiet bike is a good bike?
Remember to plan your trip ahead of time and ideally try it out on the weekend when traffic is lighter and you're not pressed for time. We're happy to create a free bike route plan for you.
C-Tran and Bikes: http://www.c-tran.com/bike-friendly.html
TriMet and Bikes: http://www.trimet.org/howtoride/bikes/index.htm
Wilsonville SMART and Bike Lockers: http://www.ridesmart.com/Index.aspx?page=177
Columbia County Rider: http://www.columbiacountyrider.com/
*See our Guide to Your Ride for more information on biking.