Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Portland Bureau of Transportation

Phone: 503-823-5185

Fax: 503-823-7576

1120 SW Fifth Ave, Suite 1331, Portland, OR 97204

More Contact Info

Subscribe to RSS feed

Most Recent

View Less

Walk + Bike Rates reach new high!

The results are in! After analyzing last spring’s travel surveys from parents at schools across Portland, walking and biking rates are at an all-time high.

Results from the survey helped make the 2010-2011 school year the most outstanding for walking and biking: 40% of trips were walking or biking, compared to just 36% completed by family vehicle. Last spring alone, parents reported their K-5 students walked to or from school 32% of the time and biked 8.5%. That means a total of 40.5% of trips were active, fun, and healthy!

The fall 2011 travel survey is just wrapping up and results will be available soon. If the trend continues, walking and biking rates will continue to rise, and this takes dedication. Lasting change takes time, and so far all the walkers and bicyclists are doing great!

If you received and have yet to fill out our parent survey in the mail, please do so! You could win a bike, like Andy did, after his parents' form was drawn at random from all those who completed our parent survey this past spring.