TriMet is continuing its tradition of free fares to encourage revelers to make safe choices on the country's big night out. After 8:00 p.m. on NYE, TriMet's MAX and bus trips will be free throughout the TriMet service area.
Buses and trains will run on regular Saturday schedules and MAX will add an extended late night schedule. Here are more details from TriMet's web site:
MAX Blue, Green and Yellow lines
- MAX Blue, Green and Yellow trains will run on Saturday schedules with late-night service running approximately every 35 minutes until about 3:00 a.m.
- The last Blue Line trip to Gresham leaves Pioneer Square South station at 3:06 a.m.; the last trip to Hillsboro leaves Pioneer Square North station at 3:16 a.m.
- The last Yellow Line trip to Expo Center leaves Pioneer Courthouse/SW 6th station at 3:02 a.m.; the last trip to downtown leaves Expo Center station at 2:24 a.m. A trip to Rose Quarter Transit Center (TC) will leave Expo Center at 3:42 a.m.
- The last Green Line trip to Clackamas will leave from Pioneer Courthouse/SW 6th station at 3:10 a.m.
MAX Red Line
- MAX Red Line trains will run on Saturday schedules until the end of service; shuttle buses will carry riders between Gateway TC and Portland International Airport (PDX) as needed until around 3 a.m.
- The last trip of the night to PDX leaves Pioneer Square South station at 10:43 p.m. and the last trip of the night to Beaverton TC leaves the airport at 11:49 p.m.