May is National Bike Month so get ready to celebrate Portland style. The month is filled with events hosted by PBOT's Active Transportation and Safety Division and others. This year's theme is #bikemore. Here are some examples of how you can participate in Bike Month:
- Register for the Bike More Challenge - every ride counts this year!
- Recruit a friend - one who's curious about biking but hasn't hit the road yet.
- Join us for a Bike Month Kick-Off Party on Friday, April 29 at Pedal Bike Tours, 133 SW 2nd Ave, 4:30-7:00pm.
- Bike to Multnomah County Libraries - bring the whole family and get a free light for your bike (one per patron while supplies last).
- Join your school community in participating in the Walk + Bike to School Challenge Month.
- Come to a class or a ride, or join the fun by volunteering at one of the activities.
- Ask your employer to host an event, or organize one yourself. Tell your boss about the Employers Bike Summit.
- Tell us about your event - we'll help spread the word via our Twitter feed (@PBOTActive, hashtag #bikemore).
Portland State University students and employees: Click here for a list of events on campus
Items in Bold are hosted by Portland Bureau of Transportation
Fri April 29 Bike Month Kick Off Party 4:30 - 7:00 pm Pedal Bike Tours, 133 SW 2nd Ave
Mon May 2 Go Lloyd Breakfast for Bicyclists 7:00 - 8:30 am Lloyd Center, NE 9th Ave and Multnomah St
Mon May 2 BTA's Bike More Challenge Kick Off 5:00 - 7:00 pm Hollywood Bike Gallery, 5329 NE Sandy Blvd
Wed May 4 National Bike to School Day
Wed May 11 Shop By Bike class * 6:00 - 7:30 pm 700 NE Multnomah St, 3rd floor (co-hosted by PBOT, BTA's Women Bike program and Go Lloyd)
Fri May 13 Quick Fix Bike Breakfast with Safe Routes to School, 7:30 - 9 am NE Going St and 17th Ave
Tue May 17 Cycling Essentials class * 6:00 - 7:30 Go Lloyd, 700 NE Multnomah St, 3rd floor
Wed May 18 Bike Maintenance Basics * 6:30 - 8:00 pm Pedal Bike Tours, 133 SW 2nd Ave
Thur May 19 Bike Lunch and Learn Noon-1 pm City Hall, 1221 SW 4th Ave
Fri May 20 Go Lloyd Bike to Work Day Party 7:00 - 8:30 am Oregon Square, NE 8th Ave and NE Holladay St
Fri May 20 National Bike to Work Day
Sat May 21 Cycle the Well Field ** 8:45 am-1:30 pm Aloft at Cascade Station, 9920 NE Cascades Pkwy
Sun May 22 Family Ride to the Tram 12:30 pm People's Food Co-op, 3029 SE 21st Ave
Wed May 25 Quick Fix Bike Breakfast with Safe Routes to School, 7:30 – 9 am SE Clinton St and 35th Place
Wed May 25 Books from the Heart (bike story hour for kids) 10:00 am Lloyd Center Barnes and Noble
Wed May 25 Bike Maintenance Basics * 6:30 - 8:00 pm New Columbia/CCC Bike Hub, N Woolsey Ave and N Trenton St (co-hosted by the Community Cycling Center)
Thu Jun 2 Bike Count Volunteer Training ** 6:00 - 7:00 pm The Portland Building, Room C, 1120 SW Fifth Ave, 2nd Floor (free pizza)
*Pre-registration required: SmartTrips@portlandoregon.gov or 503-823-7699
**Pre-registration required - click link.