The purpose of Foster-Woodstock Streetscape Plan, adopted by City Council in 1999, is to provide transportation system improvements that support the commercial revitalization goals of the Lents Town Center Urban Renewal District. Key objectives of the plan are improvement of the surrounding pedestrian environment, improved vehicle access and circulation to development opportunities and increased on-street parking.
Major elements of the project include:
- Reconstruction of many of the existing sidewalks to widen them to 12 ft and to provide street treets and pedestrian scale street lighting.
- Realignment of the SE Foster/91st Ave intersection to improve vehicle circulation and safety.
- Enhanced pedestrian crossings at various locations to improve safety, including a new signal at SE 90th Ave and Woodstock.
- Increased on-street parking supply at several locations
- Reconstruction of SE Ramona St east of 92nd Ave to improve access to the Lents light rail station.
Funding for design and construction of the project has been provided by a federal grant and Lents Town Center Urban Renewal District.