Our Superheroes are the most important volunteers at Sunday Parkways, helping neighbors who live directly on the route. We’re closing the streets and packing them with thousands of people. To make it work for everyone, you’re there to help neighbors safely drive to and from their houses, and help direct all other drivers around the event.
- Act as an ambassador to the neighborhood on behalf of Sunday Parkways
- Escort automobiles to or from houses on the route within a block of your intersection
- Direct all other automobiles to the nearest police- or flagger-controlled intersection
- Be cheerful, energetic, communicative, empathetic and authoritative
- Understand and follow directions given by the Volunteer Coordinator
- Take our comprehensive online training
- Be at least 18 years old or accompanied by an adult
- Each shift lasts no more than 3.5 hours, but you may sign up for more than one
- You’ll receive an in-person training by your Volunteer Coordinator prior to your shift
- You’ll be provided with a Sunday Parkways volunteer t-shirt, snacks and water
- You may need to move barricades and escort cars on foot
- You must supply your own water bottle and weather-appropriate clothing
Volunteer for a shift near you and help show off your neighborhood, or volunteer in one you’ve always wanted to explore!
Questions? Contact us!
Serena Dressel, Volunteer Manager