Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Portland Bureau of Transportation

Phone: 503-823-5185

Fax: 503-823-7576

1120 SW Fifth Ave, Suite 800, Portland, OR 97204

More Contact Info

Report a Problem

 Here you will find links and contact information regarding sidewalk cafes and other elements in the sidewalk corridor that can become obstructions or barriers.

Sidewalk Café Permit Program and Sidewalk Vending Cart Program (PBOT)


Phone: 503-823-7002,  Option 5
Fax: 503-279-3968

Staff highly recommends that you report it by email and include a photo of the café seating violation. The photo can be used as evidence. This is important because when staff goes to investigate the violation during office hours is often gone.

Un-permitted structure or obstruction in the public right-of-way (PBOT)

Phone: 503-823-7002,  Option 4

Publication Boxes Pilot Program (newspapers, magazines, etc) (PBOT)

Phone: 503-823-6108


Vehicles parked illegally, blocking the sidewalk or crosswalk (PBOT & Police)

PBOT Parking Enforcement

Phone: 503-823-5195, Option 2

After hours, call the Police Non-emergency line: 503-823-3333

Violation of Sign Code, Noise Code, Zoning Code, Housing Code, Building Code (BDS)

Phone: 503-823-CODE (2633)

Examples: A-Board Signs (aka, sandwich boards), other private signage, overgrown vegetation, debris, dumping, fence too tall or not properly setback from property line.

Garbage Containers (BPS)

Phone: 503-823-7202

ADA Curb Ramp Request (PBOT)

Phone: 503-823-4998


Web-based request form:

Sidewalk Repair (PBOT-BOM)

Phone: 503-823-1711


Street Lighting Outage (PBOT)

Phone: 503-823-LAMP (5267)

Clogged drainage inlets, traffic signal outage and other maintenance issues (PBOT-BOM)

Phone: 503-823-1700

Transportation Safety and Neighborhood Livability Line (all modes of travel) (PBOT)

Phone:  503-823-SAFE (7233)



For more information see the Sidewalks and Curbs FAQ