Portland families are invited to join the Safe Routes to School program for the 3rd Annual Safe Routes to School Spring Kick-off on Saturday April 6th, 10am - 2pm at Cesar Chavez School (5103 N Willis Blvd Portland, OR 97203).
This popular event celebrates walking and biking to school with FREE family-fun activities that focus on health, safety, and physical fitness.
There will be activities for parents, students, and younger children:
- Bike activities and walking games
- Walk and bike art projects
- Bike Rodeo
- Map reading and safe route planning activities
- Learn to ride a bike class
- Free bike repair
- Helmet fitting and giveaway
- Free healthy lunch!
- Community bike ride (with bikes and helmets available to borrow)
- Raffle …and more, all for FREE!
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 503-823-1189, or check out our Facebook page (complete with photos from last year's event).