Are you a nurse, doctor, EMT or paramedic? Sign up to be a Mobile Medic at Sunday Parkways! You get to ride the route looking for folks with minor bumps and scrapes-- if you come across anything that can’t be fixed with some disinfectant and a band-aid, call for help and wait for it to arrive before moving on. You’ll need to bring your own basic medical kit (disinfectant swabs, band-aids).
- Patrol the Sunday Parkways route looking for scrapes and bruises in need of a band-aid
- Perform minor wound cleaning and injury assessment
- Call an ambulance for any major injuries
- Have a basic medical kit stocked with bandages and disinfectant
- First Aid Certification recommended but not required
- Be cheerful, energetic, communicative, empathetic and authoritative
- Understand and follow directions given by the Volunteer Coordinator
- Take our comprehensive online training
- Bring a bicycle that you’re able ride for the duration of the shift
- Be able to ride with confidence on a crowded street
- Be at least 18 years old or accompanied by an adult
- Each shift lasts no more than 3.5 hours, but you may sign up for more than one
- You’ll be provided with a Sunday Parkways volunteer t-shirt, snacks and water
- You must supply your own water bottle and weather-appropriate clothing
Volunteer for a shift near you and help show off your neighborhood, or volunteer in one you’ve always wanted to explore!
Questions? Contact us!
Serena Dressel, Volunteer Manager