Are you a professional photographer, or are you a prolific amateur with an itchy shutter finger? Either way, we need your help! In our ongoing effort to both document and spread the word about Sunday Parkways, we enlist photographers like you to take pictures at the event.
- Take pictures along the Sunday Parkways route and at parks along the route
- Follow our shot list to get the best variety of pictures possible
- Upload your photos where directed
- Have a digital camera capable of taking pictures at or above 8 megapixels
- Be cheerful, energetic, communicative and empathetic
- Understand and follow directions given in the shot list
- Be able to snap photos with confidence on a crowded street
- Be at least 18 years old or accompanied by an adult
- Each shift lasts no more than 3.5 hours, but you may sign up for more than one
- You’ll be provided with a Sunday Parkways volunteer t-shirt, snacks and water
- You must supply your own water bottle and weather-appropriate clothing
- All photos taken as a volunteer for Portland Sunday Parkways become accessible to Portland Sunday Parkways for future use promoting the City of Portland Bureau of Transportation or the event. We cannot always connect a photographer's name to individual photos.
Volunteer for a shift near you and help show off your neighborhood, or volunteer in one you’ve always wanted to explore!
Questions? Contact us!