NEW ROADWAY CONFIGURATION:
To reduce the design speed of the roadway, and allow space for pedestrian crossing improvements and bike lanes.
- Buffered bike lanes
- Retain On-street parking, both sides
- 2 travel lanes with center turn lane
To improve the pedestrian environment and support commercial redevelopment.
- Sidewalk widening- 84th to 88th Ave, 5 to 9 ft.
- Ornamental street lighting: Holgate to 67th Ave
- Street trees, infill (~150)
PEDESTRIAN CROSSING IMPROVEMENTS:
To improve pedestrian crossing safety and access to transit and businesses.
Traffic Islands with Rapid Flash Beacons:
- 58th Ave
- 69th Ave
- 74th Ave
- 84th Ave
- SE Holgate
- SE 72nd
TRAFFIC SIGNAL EFFICIENCY & SAFETY
- 72nd Ave