NEW ROADWAY CONFIGURATION:
To reduce the design speed of the roadway, and allow space for pedestrian crossing improvements and bike lanes.
- Buffered bike lanes
- Retain On-street parking, both sides
- 2 travel lanes with center turn lane
To improve the pedestrian environment and support commercial redevelopment.
- Sidewalk widening- 84th to 88th Ave, 5 to 9 ft.
- Ornamental street lighting: Holgate to 67th Ave, and 84th to 89th
- Street trees, infill (~150)
- Bus shelters
PEDESTRIAN CROSSING IMPROVEMENTS:
To improve pedestrian crossing safety and access to transit and businesses.
Traffic Islands with Rapid Flash Beacons:
- 50th Ave: redesign
- 65th Ave (existing island)
- 69th Ave (existing island)
- 70th Ave
- 75th Ave
- 84th Ave
- Cora (existing island)
- Francis/ 54th
- Boise/ 59th
- 72nd Ave/ NW corner
- 72nd/Raymond/ NE corner
- 72nd/Raymond/ SE corner
TRAFFIC SIGNAL EFFICIENCY & SAFETY
- Holgate: active sign- ‘No Right on Red’
- 72nd Ave- redesign signal
- Powell- active sign