(Dec. 10, 2015) News Media: Here is a summary of information shared at this morning's Portland Bureau of Transportation media availability and a link to video of two flooded roadways before PBOT cleared them. PBOT posted the video to YouTube this afternoon.
VIDEO: PBOT's Gayle Wilson, a maintenance supervisor, captured flooding on NW Saltzman and Germantown this week. See video here: http://bit.ly/DecRainPDX
PBOT response data for 12/6 through midnight 12/9:
- Dispatch calls answered: 554. Normal for late fall: 240 for a three-day period(80 a day).
- Hours worked: over 4,400 staff hours and counting.
- Landslides: 20 with potential for more in coming days.
- Debris removed: estimated 900-1000 cubic yards. To put this into perspective, this is 75-85 dump trucks worth of debris.
- During the storm event, we had a total of 25 road closures. As of Thursday at 2:40 pm, three roads remain closed: SW Montgomery from SW Vista to SW 14th, SW Hamilton at SW 39th and SE 122nd Ave Bridge over Johnson Creek, near Leach Botanical Garden. All major city streets are reopened.
- Throughout the storm event, we reassigned day crews to work exclusively on storm response and we also added extra crews on at nights.