New video series follows eight Portlanders with differing abilities as they explain what walking means to them.Read More…
1120 SW Fifth Ave, Suite 800, Portland, OR 97204
(Dec. 10, 2015) News Media: Here is a summary of information shared at this morning's Portland Bureau of Transportation media availability and a link to video of two flooded roadways before PBOT cleared them. PBOT posted the video to YouTube this afternoon.
VIDEO: PBOT's Gayle Wilson, a maintenance supervisor, captured flooding on NW Saltzman and Germantown this week. See video here: http://bit.ly/DecRainPDX
PBOT response data for 12/6 through midnight 12/9:
- Dispatch calls answered: 554. Normal for late fall: 240 for a three-day period(80 a day).
- Hours worked: over 4,400 staff hours and counting.
- Landslides: 20 with potential for more in coming days.
- Debris removed: estimated 900-1000 cubic yards. To put this into perspective, this is 75-85 dump trucks worth of debris.
- During the storm event, we had a total of 25 road closures. As of Thursday at 2:40 pm, three roads remain closed: SW Montgomery from SW Vista to SW 14th, SW Hamilton at SW 39th and SE 122nd Ave Bridge over Johnson Creek, near Leach Botanical Garden. All major city streets are reopened.
- Throughout the storm event, we reassigned day crews to work exclusively on storm response and we also added extra crews on at nights.