Guidelines on placing your No Parking Signs:
- To be enforceable, No Parking signs must be verified by Parking Enforcement at least 24 hours prior to the permit reservation.
- One No Parking sign must be placed at every 40 feet.
- In areas with parking regulations (i.e. 1 Hour Zoned Parking), all conflicting signs within the reserved area must be covered. You can cover a parking regulation sign by placing your Temporary No Parking sign over the parking sign, instead of using a barricade.
If you would like to have the ability to tow a vehicle, you must adhere to the Parking Reservation Procedures:
- After placing your No Parking signs, call Parking Enforcement to request verification, at 503-823-5195 press #3. Alternatively, you can fax this form to 503-823-6139
- Parking Enforcement staff will come to the site and verify that the No Parking signs were placed correctly.
- Parking verification costs $60 per block of parking being verified. Fees are billed to the applicant by Parking Enforcement.
- Verifications are valid for 7 calendar days from the date and time of the verification. If additional time is needed, the permittee must request verification again.
- The No Parking signs only become enforceable 24 hours after they are verified.
- If someone is parked in your reserved space during your valid permit hours, call Parking Enforcement for a tow. Each visit by Parking Enforcement costs $60.
- If unable to do verification due to permit timing, Tow-By-The-Hour is an alternative.
- To request Tow-By-The-Hour, call Parking Enforcement at 503-823-5195 and press #3.
- Parking Enforcement will come out to the site and call a tow company to move the vehicle to the closest legal space.
- Tow-By-The-Hour costs $60 per space being towed PLUS the tow company fee.
For more information, review the Parking Reservation Procedure document.
Barricade Bag placed over street sign