In order to address current pavement maintenance needs, SE 50th Avenue will be repaved from SE Division to SE Hawthorne. All corners that do not currently meet ADA standards will be updated. These two actions will prevent further pavement deterioration and will improve overall street accessibility. The project is expected to be complete in early fall of 2018.
March 2018 to mid-September 2018
Contractor: Just Bucket Excavating
Construction has been delayed due to unanticipated complications with buried streetcar tracks on SE 50th Avenue.
Reduced traffic flow is anticipated for the duration of the reconstruction on SE 50th Avenue from SE Division St to SE Hawthorne Blvd. A few conditions to anticipate:
- Traffic heading northbound should use detour on SE Cesar E. Chavez Blvd.
- Please avoid using non-approved detour routes (i.e. through neighborhood streets).
- Driveways and side streets on SE 50th Avenue will still remain accessible for local residents.
- No parking in the lane closure (north side of street) from SE 50th Avenue to SE Lincoln St however parking on the opposite south side of the street will remain available.
- Furthermore, northbound Tri-met bus #14 will be rerouted to SE 52nd Avenue during these weeks.
Please check this website for periodic updates about traffic impacts as soon as it becomes available.
Project Overview Map:
An open house was held in the neighborhood on November 15th, 2017 at Taborspace to inform the community about the upcoming project on SE 50th Ave. At the open house, construction plans were presented, and the public was given a chance to discuss and comment on the project. Prior to the open house, a mailer was sent to 280 addresses on 50th Ave in the project vicinity to invite residents to attend the open house.
View all projects on the Fixing Our Streets interactive map.
For more information, contact:
Norberto Adre at (503) 823-9818, or norberto.Adre@portlandoregon.gov