Due to increased activity in the city’s major retail districts during the holiday season, specific areas and streets have restricted use. Portland's Bureau of Transportation implements a moratorium on use of the public right-of way to support the Holiday Season & Rose Festival.
Areas affected by the Moratorium:
- Holiday Moratorium Map - in effect November 16th, 2017 through January 2nd, 2018
- Rose Festival Moratorium Map - in effect June 1st, 2017 through June 12th, 2017
All Rose Festival Moratorium requests must be submitted by May 15, 2017 to be considered.
If there are emergency circumstances, you may be considered for an exemption based on verifiable need for work in the public right of way. To apply for an Exemption, follow these steps:
- Fill out the Moratorium Exemption Request Form
- Email completed form to PBOTCBD@PortlandOregon.gov, attention: Faith Winegarden.
- After submitting your Moratorium Exemption Request Form, the Moratorium Committee will review the request and respond within 5-7 business days. If approved, the Permit Center will process the request as per normal protocol.
For a detailed letter with more information, view the Rose Festival Moratorium info letter.
The Permit Center Transportation Counter
1900 SW 4th Ave. 1st Floor, Portland, OR 97201
Phone: 503.823.7365 Fax: 503.865.3442 Email: email@example.com
Open: Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Thurs 8:00 a.m. to Noon