How can I join Sunday Parkways?
Well my friend, that is like asking: How many ways can I cook a potato? There are countless ways! This is a traffic free event that brings people out to enjoy their streets and neighborhoods and discover new ones. We open up between 6 – 9 miles of public streets to the city once a month on Sunday from May to September. The routes connect to a series of activity hubs, which are usually parks where you can find food, music, dancing, good conversation, city resources and more.
How to get to Sunday Parkways
Typically people get to Sunday Parkways by walking, riding, and rolling. These travel modes are not only a great way to get out and enjoy the neighborhood and the city, but are also fun ways to interact with your city.
- Here are some maps to make it easier to WALK to Sunday Parkways. (Ciclistas/Peatones Mapa en Espanol)
- Need a ticket to RIDE to Sunday Parkways. Check out how you can get there using TriMet.
- ROLLING down the sweet Portland streets to get to our event? Here are some bike maps that will guide you to the event with no start and ending point.
- If you want more information on how to get around your City every day, check out our Smart Trips maps and links.
- Getting around on motorized scooter or wheelchair? That's great! Just like those on bikes, please make sure to keep your motorized vehicle at a safe speed for the surrounding attendees.
For ADA Title II or Civil Rights Title VI accommodations, translation/interpretation services and complaints, or for additional information, call 503-823-5266; TTY 503-823-6868; Oregon Relay Services: 711
How to join the festivities? What all is happening at Sunday Parkways?
In short, a lot. Sunday Parkways provides a full day of play for anyone of any age. Enjoying the day is as easy as 1.2.3.
1) Stop by one of our hubs and pick up the Sunday Parkways brochures which highlight hotbeds of activity along the route, as well as information on live performances and theatrical acts. If you’re plugged in, visit our Facebook and Twitter page for event insight.
2) Eat and Buy local! Sunday Parkways offers a chance for all your favorite spots of old and new to present themselves at one spot. Stop by our marketplaces located at each park.
3) Have fun! Dance, sing, bike, walk, and play….to your heart’s content.
How to join as a Volunteer
Are you looking for an opportunity to get involved with Sunday Parkways as a volunteer? If so, we have been looking for you. We would love you to help out as an Intersection Superhero, a Mobile Mechanic, an Info Booth Ambassador, and more. For more information, please visit our Volunteer page!
How to join as a Business or NGO
Sunday Parkways welcomes the chance to involve businesses and organizations to this city event. This event is a great way to connect with new customers, new faces, new areas of the city, as well as build your connection to your present client base. If you are interested in becoming a vendor at any of our events, please visit our Vendor’s page.
How to join as a Performer
Sunday Parkways loves artists and performers! If you want to create art along the route, play your music for Portland, provide a juggling act our event - let us know! Visit our Performer's page to learn more about how you can make Sunday Parkways even better!
¡Bienvenidos a Portland Sunday Parkways!
Ciclovía de Portland = Sunday Parkways
Una vez por mes en domingo, por cinco meses de primavera a otoño, de 11 a.m. a 4 p.m., Sunday Parkways de Portland cree un evento por calles residenciales que forman un circuito de 11 a 15 kilometros. La ruta esta abierta a gente andando a pie, en bici, por patines, etc., pero no permite transito motorizado. Cada mes el evento visita un sector distinto de la ciudad.
Ponte activo en tu propio barrio. Puedes andar a pie o en bicicleta, correr, rodar, reunirte con los vecinos, disfrutar de la música en los parques y a lo largo de la ruta de calles sin tráfico. La participación es totalmente GRATIS y no requiere registro.
Para mas informacion: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/66956