For Public Works Projects: 4/12/18 – Use of Digital Signatures for PWP projects is under development
General Guide: Meet OSBEELS and State Archives Electronic Records Requirements
For documents to be accepted and routed for digital signature, the following requirements must be met:
- An Adobe PDF file is the file of record. This file must be:
- PDF Version 1.7 or later
- Rotated to the correct orientation
- Created from a drawing program or scanned at 300 dpi
- With official document being electronic, when printed on paper at full scale, the size of the engineer stamp must comply with OAR 820-025-0005 Exhibit 1.
Oregon Administrative rule on Digital Seal and Signature for Final Documents (OAR 820-025-0010)
Place Engineer Stamp, but do not sign it with a pen.
Provide PBOT Staff with unique e-mail address for Engineer of Record
Upon receipt of Docusign e-mail, Engineer of record is to check the checkbox to the upper left of their PE Stamp. This activates the phrase "digitally signed"
If Document meets all standards for approval, PBOT staff will route the document first to the engineer of record and then to the City Engineer for approval signature.
Engineer of Record always gets a copy of final document.
How to check version of *.pdf document.
- Using Acrobat, Open the document
- File Menu==>Properties (Ctrl+D)
- Select the Description Tab
- Note the PDF Version
References: OAR 166-017-0035 (2), OAR 166-017-0045 (4b) PDF Version Cross Reference