BEGINNING NOVEMBER 1 - Get your permit from home or work!
PBOT now provides the option of applying and paying for your Voluntary Minor Improvement Permit (MIP) online, allowing you to avoid the inconveniences of:
- Coming to the Permit Center Located in Downtown Portland
- On-Street Parking, Parking Fees, Feeding Meters, Risk of Parking Fines
- Inclement Weather Conditions and Exposure
- Long Waits in Permit Processing Lines for Obtaining and Paying for your MIP
- Loss of Productive Time on your Job and at Other Events
You can begin the process by selecting, completing and emailing this application.
What to expect:
Applications must be emailed to PBOTsidewalkpermit@portlandoregon.gov - PBOT staff will check for new applications three times a day.
- Early Morning
- 3:00 PM
- Approved applications received prior to 3:00 PM will be processed that business day.
Once you complete and send the application to us PBOT Staff will review the application for completeness.
If there is missing information, you will be contacted by PBOT to help complete the necessary requirements to proceed with processing the permit.
Based on the requested work and the current fiscal year fee rates for that type of work (see Permit Fees for additional information) the permit fee will be calculated.
- For all Minor Improvement Permits, there is a minimum processing fee of $60.00
- Voluntary Minor Improvement Permits have a maximum fee of $250.00
PBOT will calculate the permit fee amount and email a link to the invoice so you can complete the payment process by accessing the secure payment page through the link.
PBOT will confirm that the payment has been completed and send you the issued Minor Improvement Permit by email within the next business day of receiving payment. A receipt will be automatically sent to your email address once the payment is received through the secure payment page.
Once your Minor Improvement Permit is ISSUED, you or your contractor can proceed with the permitted improvements!