This is 30th & Belmont, about 1915. The post office in the earlier shot had just been demolished. There was a block's worth of shops on each side of the street. Most of the building on the right area is still there. The Belmont Dairy is on the left side of the block. This view also shows the relative use of the right of way. Streetcars still dominate the street. There are relatively wide sidewalks that are used not only for walking; but for advertising; as places for people to stand, watch, talk, and see what's in the shop windows. The car drives in the same space as the streetcars.
1120 SW Fifth Ave, Suite 800, Portland, OR 97204