1. Will this project change the lane configuration of the Huber and Capitol Highway intersection?
No. The new travel lane configuration would begin south of Huber, between Huber and Alfred.
2. Can this project include new street lighting/illumination for pedestrians?
Yes. Please contact the Project Manager to share your location ideas for new street lighting on this corridor. We’ve heard a request for street lighting at Capitol Highway and Alfred.
3. Can this project include enhancements to the Capitol Highway and Barbur Blvd. intersection?
No. While the scope of this project is focused between Huber and Kerr Parkway, ODOT is aware of the design challenges at this intersection and is in the beginning stage of a funded project that will work to address them.
4. Can anything be done to prevent south-bound drivers from using the space in front of the pedestrian median at Alfred as a left turn lane? Vehicle use of that space is unsafe.
Yes. This project will be improving the design of this crossing.
5. Who are the stakeholders you will be involving in this project?
We plan to reach out directly to Portland Community College, Markham Elementary, business owners, TriMet, Neighborhood Associations, The Islamic Center of Portland, The City of Lake Oswego, Clackamas County, and residents.
6. Can changes be made to the traffic signal timing at specific intersections?
Yes. The lane reconfiguration will be accompanied by traffic signal optimization to improve traffic flow. This will involve a signal timing analysis, but we also want to hear from you about your personal experiences with the traffic signals on this corridor. We’ve heard requests to look at the signals at Huber and Pomona.