A big Thank You to our participants, volunteers, partners, entertainers, vendors, and Sponsors! Thanks to you, Sunday Parkways continues to introduce Portlanders of all ages to biking, walking and public transit as options for not only commuting but recreation by opening miles of streets for play, exercise, and community building. These routes were designed to create a fun and inclusive environment for people to enjoy neighborhood greenways and low traffic residential streets. Along the way, we also have an opportunity to mingle as a City, to have fun with friends and family, and to come together as a community.
This year we partied like it was 1999! We walked, we rolled, and we biked 37.8 miles. And the cherry on top, we achieved multiple firsts:
- First time at Sunday Parkways on the Green Loop
- First time for many participants, volunteers, vendors and Sponsors to join the fun!
- First time at Gateway Discovery Park
- First time the Bi-lingual Bike Fair has appeared at all of our events
- And we had some great times for the second time around!
- Second round of celebrating our Immigrant and Refugee roots, friends and families with the Walk for Refugees and Immigrants
- Second round on the ONE* Route in East Portland
- ONE = Outer Northeast/ East
- Second round return of having the Columbia Annex back on the route
- Second time we have teamed up with Make Music Day
So you may be wondering, how did we do overall?
- We biked/rolled/walked 37.8 miles together. Bringing the total mileage, we have traveled for Sunday Parkways up to 367.6 miles!
- We volunteered…a LOT! Around 700+ volunteers came out to Sunday Parkways to serve over 100+ shifts working a total of 4500 hours to keep Sunday Parkways rolling.
We owe a BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE to ALL the volunteers. We appreciate all you do to make these days so magical.
- We have a large entourage. 125,000 people came out to Sunday Parkways this year!!!
Its been one brilliant wonderful ride with all of YOU! Thank you for joining us. You are a reminder that community, family and friends make the world a better place. See you in 2019 for another round of happiness, smiles, health and community.