(Nov. 14, 2018) Northwest Portland is adding thousands of new residents and jobs in the coming years. To keep NW Portlanders moving, PBOT and TriMet are working together to create a more effective transportation system to handle all the growth. That’s why we’re moving forward on major projects, including: improving transit service with a new bus line, managing parking through meters and permit districts, and planning for the next wave of transportation projects.
Learn about these exciting projects at our NW Transportation Open House. Join us on Thursday, Nov. 15 from 5-7 p.m. in the Eleanor Room at Chown Hardware at 1605 NW Everett St. Portland, OR 97209. Staff from PBOT, TriMet and members of the NW Parking District Stakeholder Advisory Committee will be available to hear from you and answer questions. RSVP online at www.facebook.com/events/256339308414920/.
Drop in between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. to check out info stations featuring projects and plans including:
- Northwest in Motion, an implementation plan for improving walking, biking, and taking transit in Northwest Portland through targeted investments in the transportation network.
- Upcoming major projects, including the Flanders Crossing walking and biking bridge over I-405, the associated Flanders Bikeway, W Burnside and NW Couch improvements around I-405, and the 20th Ave extension under Hwy 30.
- TriMet Line 24 Extension, extending the NE Fremont St bus line across the Fremont Bridge and down NW 18th/19th Ave to Providence Park, scheduled for March 2019.
- Provide feedback on the Zone M Permit program and learn about some proposed changes to better manage on-street parking for a large portion of NW Portland. Get your own copy of the 2017-18 Annual Parking Report here.
Northwest in Motion will also launch an online open house the same day as the physical open house, so people who are unable to attend can still learn about the proposed transportation improvements and weigh in on which projects should be the top priorities. The online open house will run from Nov. 15 to Dec. 14, 2018 and will be available at www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/NWinMotion.
Attendees of the open house who live or work in Zone M can purchase a Transportation Wallet at the event. Transportation Wallets are $99 and include:
- Annual Streetcar Pass
- $100 TriMet Hop Card
- Annual BIKETOWN Membership
This is a $684 value! A portion of the parking permit fees that Zone M residents and employees pay go to provide Transportation Wallet's discount. You will need a debit or credit card to purchase so please make sure to bring one along.
Download the event flyer for printing or emailing at http://bit.ly/2SAnmwK. Help us spread the word!