(Dec. 20, 2018) The Portland Bureau of Transportation advises people driving to Downtown Portland for the Christmas holiday that all SmartPark garages will close at 11 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 24, for Christmas Day and will re-open at 12 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 26. On-street parking will be free at parking meters on Christmas Day.
SmartPark garages will re-open on Wednesday according to the following schedule and then will operate according to regular business hours:
SmartPark Garage Opening Times
- 3rd & Alder - SW 3rd Avenue & Alder Street - 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 26
- 4th & Yamhill - SW 4th Avenue & Yamhill Street - 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 26
- 10th & Yamhill - SW 10th Avenue & Yamhill Street - 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 26
- 1st & Jefferson - SW 1st Avenue & Jefferson Street - 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 26
- Naito & Davis - NW Naito Parkway & Davis Street - 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 26
- O’Bryant Square - 808 SW Stark Street - Closed temporarily
New Year’s Holiday
All SmartPark Garages will be open for regular business hours on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. On-street parking will be free at the meters on New Year’s Day.
The six Portland Bureau of Transportation SmartPark parking garages include nearly 4,000 public parking spaces and serve shoppers, business clients and visitors to Downtown Portland. Contact Central Parking at (503) 790-9302 for questions related to SmartPark garage operating hours and rates or visit www.portlandoregon.gov/smartpark.
Traveling by public transit? Get step-by-step directions using TriMet's Trip Planner.
Planning to walk or bike downtown? For walking and biking maps of Portland's Central City and beyond, visit www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/maps and click here for a map of on-street bicycle corrals in Portland.