Use the limited space of our public right-of-way to achieve the optimal movement of people and goods.
- Replace level-of-service metric with one that measures the efficient movement of people and goods, and make this a core measure in all PBOT operations.
- Develop clear practices for allocating space in the public right-of-way when either public or private development occurs.
- Prioritize transit traffic by implementing key projects and maximizing the use of existing transit needs.
- Pilot a flexible curb zone that supports more people and more movement, and for efficient delivery of freight.
- Upgrade signal systems so they can manage speed, give priority to transit, and collect data to help improve our management of the transportation system.
- Increase transportation options, such as bike-share and e-scooters that are able to move more people sustainably in our limited public right-of-way.
Indicators and Sample Measures
a. Change in how many people move through areas where right-of-way has been reallocated
b. Change in transit travel times and reliability on enhanced routes
c. Change in hours of delay of freight