Establish a clear and standardized process for prioritizing asset investment.
- Develop and implement a prioritization methodology for reinvestment in asset rehabilitation, repair, and replacement.
- Develop and implement consistent tools, such as business case evaluations, to justify asset investment based upon defined goals and priorities. Use these tools to develop capital projects and budgets, and for making decisions within an asset class and between asset classes.
- Develop new criteria for how PBOT accepts ownership of new assets, such as through jurisdictional transfer, donation, development, or new capital investments.
- Reduce maintenance backlog by leveraging investments and coordinating with both public and private utilities.
- Develop bureau policy to account for life-cycle costs when planning, rehabilitating, replacing, or taking responsibility of assets.
Indicators and Sample Measures
- Financial Sustainability
a. Percent of assets with dedicated funding for operations and maintenance
b. Dollars saved through coordination with utilities