PBOT hosted a Neighborhood Meeting to learn about and discuss the NE 9th Ave Neighborhood Greenway project, connecting people from Lloyd to Woodlawn. This focused on the north end of the project between Prescott St and Ainsworth St.
Thursday, October 17th
Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School
4906 NE 6th Ave (NE 6th at Alberta)
Meeting will be held in the cafeteria.
Discussion topics included:
- Serving community destinations: Neighborhood greenways connect to and through neighborhoods. What key destinations can this route connect you to?
- Reducing illegal speeding: Learn about engineering tools to create neighborhood-friendly speeds, tell us where speeding is the biggest concern.
- Helping kids, and everyone, cross the street: PBOT will install changes to make intersections safer for people to cross. Tell us where street crossings are uncomfortable and need attention.
- Keeping neighborhood streets quiet: The best neighborhood greenways are quiet streets with low levels of traffic. Hear ideas for traffic pattern changes to reduce long distance drive-through traffic in neighborhood, and let us know what you think.
Promotion and Outreach
- Mailbox Mailer - sent to all mailboxes in the area
- Community Flyer - distributed to destinations and locations on the street
Event Follow Up and Summary