Our Park Ambassadors are the cornerstone of every park and every activity area at Sunday Parkways, helping neighbors and participants get the most out of each event. This is a new role being offered for 2020.
Assist Park Coordinator in set-up/maintenance/break-down of the park which can include:
- Set up tables and seating for the event
- Set up recycling, compost, and trash bins and emptying/replacing as needed
- Pull and gather no parking barricades and signage around the activated park after the start of the event
- Refill hydration at the Information Booth
- Assist with outreach and impromptu surveys
- Provide a helping hand when needed
- Be a cheerful ambassador on behalf of Sunday Parkways to event participants, volunteers, and the neighborhood
- Be cheerful, energetic, communicative, empathetic and authoritative
- Understand and follow directions given by PBOT staff
- Be at least 18 years old or accompanied by an adult
- Each shift lasts no more than 3.5 hours, but you may sign up for more than one
- You’ll receive instructions prior to your shift
- You’ll be provided with a Sunday Parkways volunteer t-shirt, snacks, and water
- You must supply your own water bottle and weather-appropriate clothing
Volunteer for a shift near you and help show off your neighborhood, or volunteer in one you’ve always wanted to explore!
Questions? Contact us!