If you can answer yes to the following questions you qualify for a same day private tree removal permit. All applications must be complete and accurate with verifiable photos and correct payment.
1. Is the private tree within 10ft of a building or attached structure? “Structures” are buildings with permitted foundations and “attached structures” are decks or breezeways attached to a structure.
2. Is the private tree diameter at 4.5 ft less than 20”? And is the tree being outside of these environmental overlays and planning districts? Same day permits can be issued for up to 4 private trees per calendar year.
3. There is no active residential or commercial development permit associated with the property of the tree?
Did you know?
- Same day permits can be paid for in person at the Development Services Center by cash or card at 1900 SW 4th Ave off lobby.
- Don’t have time to wait in the permitting center? You can drop of completed application with check payable to City of Portland to the 5th floor reception desk of 1900 SW 4th Ave.
Did you also know?
- Permitting staff in the Development Services Center (DSC) aka “Tree Techs” cannot judge condition (dead, dying, disease, or nuisance species) so applications requiring this type of assessment will be sent to inspection.
- Applicants other than the property owner must have their signature as well as the property owner’s signature on page 4 of the tree removal/replant permit application.
Still have questions? Call 503-823-TREE (8733) for assistance.