Due to the City’s COVID-19 response and Permit Center closure, Urban Forestry walk-in service has been temporarily suspended. In lieu of in-person permit issuance, Urban Forestry has temporarily implemented a Same Day Tree Permit process for trees that meet the criteria for issuance without an on-site inspection. Please see the Same Day Permit instructions below.
1. Use the City’s online permit portal - DevHub to:
2. After the complete application has been submitted and fee paid, send an email to
• An email must be received at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 pm Monday-Friday
for same day service.
The email is the only way for staff to identify applications qualifying for Same Day issuance
among all applications received.
If demand exceeds capacity permit applicants will be contacted with
an application status update and estimated issuance date.
Urban Forestry reserves the right to limit Same Day permit issuance at any time.
• For applications deemed complete, fees paid and emails received before 2:00pm
Monday-Friday, Same Day Permits may be issued.
• In the subject line of the email please include:
IVR number (seven digits)
The phrase: Same Day Permit
Please contact Urban Forestry at email@example.com or at 503-823-TREE(8733) with any questions.