Starting the week of Monday, Feb. 8, 2016, the Portland Water Bureau will begin installing new drains in 14 electrical vaults located in the Powell Butte Nature Park.
The project is scheduled for completion by early March 2016, weather permitting.
The electrical vaults are located underground in the park and house utility equipment, including conduits and wires. Drains will be situated in the bottom of each vault to remove water that accumulates. This improvement will provide the vaults a more effective drainage system.
- Powell Butte Nature Park will remain open during the project.
- Work won’t affect the Park’s main parking lot, trails, Visitor’s Center, or bathrooms.
- Crews are approved to work Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., and some weekends if needed.
- Park users may notice increased noise levels due to equipment use.
- Park users are encouraged to use caution around areas of work.
For additional information or questions regarding the project, contact Lindsay Wochnick, Water Bureau Public Information, at 503-823-3028 or by e-mail.