Water Bureau employees receive incentives from the City to commute via public transit.
Water Bureau employees receive incentives from the City to commute via bike. The bureau also provides free loaner bikes to employees during the work day.
The City of Portland offers financial incentives to employees who bike, walk, carpool or use public transit to commute to and from home. The Water Bureau actively promotes commuting by bicycle through the following measures:
- Making bike parking available at bureau facilities
- Providing bike maps to employees
- Giving bike commuters access to showers at work
- Organizing employees to bike to work together
- Producing a video to educate cyclists on safe biking around large trucks
The bureau also encourages staff to use sustainable transportation options for work-related travel by providing:
- Tri-Met passes
- Bike maps for Portland
- Loaner bikes (including an electric bike)
- Bike repair kits, rain gear, helmets and bike bags for the loaner bikes