GENERAL INFORMATION: 503-823-7404
1120 SW Fifth Ave, Suite 600, Portland, OR 97204
Category 1 properties are City-owned real properties to which at least one of the following descriptions applies:
1. Real properties that have an estimated market value of less than $50,000;
2. Real properties that are being acquired by other public agencies for capital improvement projects that will not be owned by the City of Portland;
3. Real properties acquired by the City of Portland as part of a larger acquisition with the intention that portions not required to meet business needs would be disposed of;
4. Real properties that, due to their size, shape, location, utility, condition of title, or restrictions imposed upon the property by the City, are deemed by the controlling bureau to be useful only to adjacent owners; or that, due to City land use ordinances, may not be disposed of to anyone other than the adjacent property owners; or
5. Real properties that, due to deed restrictions, may not be disposed of to anyone other than the parties identified by the deed.
Bureaus seeking to dispose of Category 1 properties shall follow the processes described in Sub-Sections A, B, and D of Section III of this policy. These properties are not subject to the external notification and public comment requirements of Sub-Section C of Section III.
Category 2 properties are City-owned real properties that, per the terms of City Charter, City Code, administrative rules, City Council action, or other city, state or federal regulations, may be disposed of by the City for public purposes. These properties are subject to internal review processes described in Sub-Section E of Section III of this policy, as well as any bureau-specific policies and procedures. These properties are not subject to the requirements of Sub-Sections A, B, C, or D of Section III (Category 2 properties do not pertain to the Water Bureau).
Category 3 properties include all other real property owned by the City of Portland and under consideration for disposition that are not otherwise included in Categories 1 and 2. Bureaus seeking to dispose of Category 3 properties shall follow the processes described in Sub-Sections A, B, C, and D of Section III of this policy.