The Washington Park Reservoir Improvements Project Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document has been updated with answers to the following questions:
- Why is this project happening?
- Why do this now?
- What is the current status of the project?
- Why does the new water storage need to remain in Washington Park?
- Will the project stop the landslide?
- What would happen during an earthquake?
- How will the reservoirs site change?
- How will historic structures be preserved during construction?
- Who has given input on the design?
- How are community values reflected in the design?
- How are public impacts being minimized?
- Will trees need to be removed?
- Will this change my drinking water?
- Are there water quality benefits to covered reservoirs?
Is radon contamination a concern?
- What will the project cost and how is it being funded?
- What is the land use process?
- Who makes the final decision?
- What’s happening now?
Access the FAQs here.